Focal Point
[CLOSED] FOOTING on webfocus style sheet

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/54410034

March 13, 2009, 01:12 PM
mike
[CLOSED] FOOTING on webfocus style sheet
We need to add a footer on every page that says "confidential". Instead of changing every fex, is there a way I can do to a webfocus style sheet (.sty) to put that code in? like TYPE=FOOTING...

thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

wf 7.6.11
unix aix
active reports, HTML, Excel, Text and PDF formats
March 13, 2009, 01:25 PM
ChannyS
It sounds like you need an include fex that does that. The stylesheet could then style the footing element.

-INCLUDE FOOTER.FEX

FOOTER.FEX
[FOOTING] <-- Not sure you want to have that in the include unless your 'confidential' is on every page
"Confidential"

Release: WebFOCUS 7.6.8
Output formats: HTML, PDF, Excel, csv
March 13, 2009, 02:11 PM
mike
thank you; but as I said, I was hoping I do not need to go into every fex to make change. With an include, I still need to go in every fex and do the -include change. Therefore, I was hoping there is a style change available. As all the fexes already use the style sheet, all I have to do is make change to the stylesheet.

wf 7.6.11
unix aix
March 13, 2009, 02:25 PM
j.gross
You're looking for the stylesheet to add content. One way is to have it add a a suitable image as a watermark, which could give the effect of
FOOTING CENTER BOTTOM
"CONFIDENTIAL"
March 13, 2009, 04:12 PM
mike
thanks. That is my original thinking. I thought I would ask if there is a beter way to do the style sheet besides the image idea. I could be wrong but I always have the impression that image takes more time to download than mere text.

wf 7.6.11
unix aix
March 14, 2009, 10:46 AM
gregv
Mike,

Another approach would be to have a standard style sheet that positions a small Confidential .gif on the page where you want it. That would reduce the download time. It does have to be a full page watermark.

Or an image could be the background for just the footer.

Keep exploring.

Greg

current client: WF 8.1.05 & 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 7 - MRE / BID - IE11

local: WF 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 6 - MRE / BID - FOCUS - IE11

PMF 8
March 16, 2009, 03:46 AM
nubi
well if you reprots alreday reference a single external style sheet themn yues you can do that by changing the stytle sheet fex but if they dont then you will have to go in and change every fex

do you have any strings which appear in all of your fexes? preferable at the bottom? if you did have a pattern you could use ReplaceEm to search through all your fexes replacing the string with you call to the stylesheet fex, but obviously you'll need something you can replace...

Developer Studio 7.64
Win XP
Output: mostly HTML, also Excel and PDF

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." - Heinlein's Razor