Focal Point
[CLOSED] Error while opening the procedure file with developer studio

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5447032895

February 06, 2011, 04:59 AM
raghuram
[CLOSED] Error while opening the procedure file with developer studio
Hi All,
I installed Developer studio recently.
It was working fine but suddenly i am getting the error and closing Webfocus developer studio.
Error:
Shell windows interface is not available
Runtime error:
Program :c:\ibi\Devstudio76\bin\focshell.exe.

Could you please let me know what could be the issue.

Thanks,
Raghu

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.7
Windows
Excel, PDF, HTML
February 10, 2011, 06:19 PM
jnc
Hi Raghuram,

Working, then not working, usually means something has changed. Have you made any software updates, that you could back out, as a test?

Else, try checking the "use new browser to execute" under window / options / general tab, in the Developer Studio file menu. Forcing it to use a new browser, might get you past what is causing the error message.

WebFocus 7x, 8x, Win / Linux, any output format
February 11, 2011, 02:44 AM
Ramkumar - Webfous
Try to start Dev Studio from Start menu in a different security mode. Start Security OFF.

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows
HTML/PDF/EXCEL/AHTML/XML/HTML5
February 11, 2011, 04:33 AM
GamP
Some other things to check / do:
1. Check task manager to see if there is another focshell process active. In some cases it may be possible that there is a remnant left over from the previous DevStudio session. If so, kill it and try again.
2. If that does not help, reboot and retry.
3. run thisfoci.bat from devstudio bin directory before starting. Be sure you have full admin rights when running this file. It will re-register all devstudio dll's that need registering.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988