Focal Point
HTML COMPOSER IS #$#$#$ Help!

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5467028726

January 11, 2013, 11:56 AM
Tomsweb
HTML COMPOSER IS #$#$#$ Help!
I created a report which I'd like to embed in a launch page below the section containing the controls.

Of course I tested the code before I embedded it in a launch page. Then I successfully tested the report in the launch page.

As developers often do, I added some tweaks to the code (a footer, some DM date calcs) and my external test of this report was successful.

I was encouraged, as I had never embedded a report in a launch page!

The problem is when I am testing the 'new' report in the launch page. It just runs the report that I referenced when I first built the launch page in html composer!

I have exited Dev Studio and gone back in, same problem. I have opened the launch page in html composer, thinking I could break the link with
the fex and relink it. Instead I was able to use REFRESH or 'open the report'. Not helpful!

When I 'opened the report', it did not show the code as I exactly coded it.
I coded

COUNT CUSTACCT... 

The report as it displatyed in the editor was
coded as

PRINT CUSTACCT... 

Has anyone else had this problem? Why does the launch page fail to pick up
the 'newest' version? Why do I see a different fex when I 'open the report'
than I know I coded when I referenced it in my initial build of the launch page?

Yikes!

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
APP Studio, Developer Studio, InfoAssist, Dashboards, charts & reports
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36
January 11, 2013, 12:48 PM
Kathy P
You need to relink your focexec so that it will pick up the new version.

Kathy Phillips
Web FOCUS 8.2.05.14, 8.1.05, 8.08, 8.0.7, 8.0.5,8.0.2m, 7.6.10,7.7.03
Windows
January 11, 2013, 03:25 PM
Tomsweb
I tried to do this in html composer. Is there a better (or more fruitful) place to do this?

Thanks,

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
APP Studio, Developer Studio, InfoAssist, Dashboards, charts & reports
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36
January 11, 2013, 03:45 PM
MattC
When you say "embedded" the report in the HTML, doesn't it actually insert your report logic into the HTML itself?

I never use the "embedded" option, but I usually link an "external" procedure to my HTML. That way it allows me to make adjustments to the report itself.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
January 14, 2013, 07:22 AM
David Glick
Be careful of the terms you use. If you embedded the report, then it is part of your HTML and you need to update that copy by double-clicking its frame to open Teport Painter. The syntax must be what Report Painter handles though. If you reference, then the updated report should just be used with no extra steps. If the report gets new parameters, right-click it and select "Refresh parameters" to get controls for them.

David Glick
Director WebFOCUS App Studio
and WebFOCUS Developer Studio
WebFOCUS Division
Information Builders, Inc.
Direct (917) 339-5560
Voice Mail (212) 736-6250 x3560
Fax (212) 947-5168
Email david_glick@ibi.com