Focal Point
[SOLVED] Define Fixed Value Ranges for Heat Map Color Scale?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5467076176

July 14, 2014, 10:46 AM
Ryan N
[SOLVED] Define Fixed Value Ranges for Heat Map Color Scale?
Hello, does anyone know if it is possible to define fixed ranges of values to apply colors to for heat maps, rather than the heat map automatically scaling the colors based on the values in the data set?

I have a heat map showing percentage difference of a benchmark vs. a specific group, and I want the heat map colors to be applied consistently for every group compared to the benchmark irrespective of the data for that group. For example,

0%-10% color1
11%-20% color2
21%-30% color3
etc.
etc.

I've done my due diligence in the forum and the documentation but didn't see anything to this effect, want to see if I am missing something.

Thanks!
Ryan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WF: WebFocus 8.0.02
InfoAssist, Dev Studio, Magnify, Portal/Dashboards, Mobile Favs
Data: DB2
Output: Multiple
July 17, 2014, 06:14 PM
<Kathryn Henning>
Hi Ryan,

I consulted with the Product Manager on this. Currently, we only have 'discrete' vs. 'continuous' color blocks in the color scale, so this is not possible. If your color blocks are all the same size, you can choose a scale min, max & color list, set the scale to discrete, and get the effect you want.

He has asked that you open a case for a New Feature Request for this functionality at InfoResponse Online.

Thanks and regards,

Kathryn
July 18, 2014, 01:51 PM
Ryan N
Thanks for the response, is there documentation on how to do what you describe with discrete vs. continuous scale?

WF: WebFocus 8.0.02
InfoAssist, Dev Studio, Magnify, Portal/Dashboards, Mobile Favs
Data: DB2
Output: Multiple
July 21, 2014, 07:15 PM
<Kathryn Henning>
Hi Ryan,

The ability to draw “discrete” color blocks is actually in a product version that has not yet been released. Sorry about that. When it is available, documentation will be added to the standard JSCHART manual, and a new feature release note will be added.

Thanks and regards,

Kathryn