Focal Point
[CLOSED] Question about MAINTAIN

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5477080226

July 10, 2012, 03:29 AM
ChristianP
[CLOSED] Question about MAINTAIN
Hi Focals,

is it possible to add data in a READ/WRITE Grid (in a new row)?? Can i also place this grid to a frame to use it in an existing WebFocus HTML page? Has anyone an easy template to start this project with MAINTAIN?? I just want to collect user data with the possibility to insert/update and delete.

Regards

Christian

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WF Production Version: 7.7.02M
WF Test Version: 7.7.02M
Developer Studio: 7.7.02
HTML, EXL2K, FLEX, PDF,PPT
July 10, 2012, 08:11 AM
Maintain Wizard
Hi Christian
When you place a stack in a grid, it displays the number of lines that are in that stack. If you want to add some blank rows, just bump the foccount up. So, if you want to add 5 blank lines to a grid populated by GridSTK:

Compute GridStk.Foccount = GridStk.Foccount + 5;

That will add 5 blank rows to the bottom of the stack.

As for using a Frame, you can launch a Maintain application to appear in a frame, but you would want to finish with it before you interact with anything else on the form. Since most Maintain applications are persistent, there are issues with the agents.

If you need a getting started, either look in the online doc for a basic tutorial or send me an e-mail at Mark_Derwin@ibi.com and I will send you a basic lab.

Mark Derwin
July 10, 2012, 08:24 AM
Alan B
Christian

Add Data - Yes. Increase the stack foccount.
Yes, Maintains can run in an iframe within an HTML page.
No, afraid no template.

Ever thought about Update Assist? It does actually work.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007