Focal Point
Report Assistant: Error when creating new JOIN

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5511009832

July 26, 2007, 05:31 PM
Mario2
Report Assistant: Error when creating new JOIN
We have just installed WebFOCUS 7.6.1 to work with Banner/Oracle. In report assistant, I get a java script error when I attemt to create a new join. Digging deeper, I was able to determine that the offending java function is the one that creates the array of files that get displayed. This function takes 2 arguments, the name of the file and a descriptioni string. It seems that it chashes when it receives a string with a single quote in it. The simple solution is to remove the quote from the description string, but I was wondering if there is a patch that would solve the problem. The error occurs in the mastdlg2.jsp file which calls the rpabean.getMasterJSInformation(); function which builds the MASArray.

Has anyone come accross this issue?
July 27, 2007, 06:52 AM
hammo1j
Bizarre

A user got one this morning and I got a call.
This is a problem I know about and I tell the user to start a new ra report and do the join BEFORE they start to choose fields and then you do not get this error.

Its a javascript error and it expects a right bracket from ibi_apps/assist/jsp/mastdlg2.jsp

I also told her this problem will be fixed in 7.6 but apparently NOT!

Being mercenary would be interested if you come up with a fix and could you pm me and we could swap you some enhancements/fixes we've done that you might like...

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo
July 27, 2007, 01:59 PM
RickW
You may want to upgrade to 7.6.2 - I think there were quite a number of fixes. We had an issue with the Upload Data file option blowing out when creating an MFD in 7.6.1 that got fixed in 7.6.2

WebFOCUS 7.6.6/TomCat/Win2003,SQL Server 2005,Oracle
August 04, 2007, 12:24 PM
hammo1j
I just checked this and it seems that this problem is fixed in 7.6.2

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo