Focal Point
Stacked Pie Graphs?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/553100062

October 06, 2009, 10:02 PM
Doug
Stacked Pie Graphs?
Is there such a thing as a Stacked Pie Graphs, such as the one in this sample?

The data could be something like, for the left one,
GRAPH FILE CAR
SUM COMPUTE PROFIT/D12=RCOST - DCOST; DEALER_COST RETAIL_COST
ACROSS COUNTRY AS ''
END
The data could be something like, for the right one,
GRAPH FILE CAR
SUM COMPUTE PROFIT/D12=RCOST - DCOST; DEALER_COST RETAIL_COST
ACROSS COUNTRY AS ''
WHERE COUNTRY EQ 'ENGLAND'
END
Thanks in advance,
Doug
October 06, 2009, 10:13 PM
Waz
I don't think so.

Have a look at www.threedgraphics.com, this is where IBI got the Graphing engine, If it can't do it then WF will not.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

October 06, 2009, 11:33 PM
Doug
Thanks Waz... Not that I haven't Been-There-Done-That... But, thanks for the provocation to get me to look again... They would beneat graphs, wouldn't they?
October 06, 2009, 11:56 PM
Waz
Certainly would be... If I can conceptually get it into my gray matter.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

October 08, 2009, 11:51 AM
Doug
the concept of this can be viewed as taking the result form the folloing code and wrapping the resulting graph around a cnter point (pick the letter "Y" in "INTALY") so that the left border of the ENGLAND bar is wrapped around that center point so that it is touching the right side of the "W GERMANY" bar. Also, remove all gaps between the bars (note: the original bars have now become pie slices).

Got It?

It would look really kewl if this was animated in flex. But, for now: that's all that I want...
GRAPH FILE CAR
SUM DCOST RCOST COMPUTE PROFIT/D12=RCOST - DCOST;
ACROSS COUNTRY
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH VBRSTK1
END
Thanks,
Doug
October 08, 2009, 04:29 PM
Waz
If you are talking about flex, then just write your own module.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

October 10, 2009, 10:42 AM
Doug
Actually, I wan't talking about flex. But, CYDTWTCF? That's: Can You Do That With The Car File as an example. I've, not yet, written anything in flex. Ford has a nice FLEX. But that's a different story... I just want the stacked pie.
BTW: I don't have a Flex license.
January 11, 2010, 10:44 AM
TexasStingray
I have actually seen a FLEX component that someone has created that will do this. I will see if I can find the link and post it here.

Scott