Focal Point
ReportCaster API and Web Services getRunningJobs()

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5551048432

June 29, 2007, 05:22 PM
Paul Day
ReportCaster API and Web Services getRunningJobs()
WebFocus 7.1.4 on Windows 2003

I have attempted to use the following method in both the ReportCaster API and in .NET consuming the ConsoleService.

I can have many jobs in the ReportCaster console view running and yet every time this method returns an array with a length of zero. No errors, nothing, just an empty array.

I have used the API to run reports and pull other data with no issue, but this one method (which is really what I need!!!) will not work.

The ultimate goal is to create a .NET app that I can use to start and monitor a report run, then pull in the log when it is completed using our enterprise scheduling app. Without the ability to monitor the running jobs I will never know when it is completed and when to then pull the log.

Any assistance would be appreciated! Thank you.

Paul Day
Houston, TX
July 09, 2007, 11:42 AM
Kerry
Hi Paul,

Has this issue been resolved?

I run a bit search and came across the following online document, which may be of interest to you:

Console Service Functions

Hope the example helps. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
July 12, 2007, 10:00 AM
Paul Day
Thank you Kerry,

I am familiar with the link you posted. I have an open case with IB on this subject, I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced a similar issue and had some tips.
September 10, 2007, 12:30 PM
Efrem
Has this issue been resolved?