Focal Point
Error: No Field on the left hand side of assignment: -SET

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5591087081

August 17, 2006, 10:23 AM
KellyT
Error: No Field on the left hand side of assignment: -SET
I have a report that I have scheduled in report caster to run but I'm getting this error in the log. I have another report that does basically the same thing and it runs fine. I'm passing 3 to 5 parameters to my report through report caster.
Below is the top portion of my report that isn't working. Like I said I have the exact same thing but different parameters for a different report and it works fine.

In report caster parameter section I will set 3 - 5 parameters. I only have one set as a default.

-* File shdetmul.fex
-SET &shipperCode = 'GOGLMA';
-SET &shipperCode2 = '';
-SET &shipperCode3 = '';
-SET &shipperCode4 = '';
-SET &shipperCode5 = '';
ENGINE SQLSYB SET DEFAULT_CONNECTION SYBASE
SQL SQLSYB
EX webfocus.dbo.WFMultipleShipperDetailHTML '&shipperCode', '&shipperCode2', '&shipperCode3', '&shipperCode4', '&shipperCode5'
;
TABLE FILE SQLOUT
PRINT *
ON TABLE HOLD AS SQLOUT
END
TABLE FILE SQLOUT
PRINT

Thank you for your help,
Kelly
August 17, 2006, 11:41 AM
dhagen
Depending on your version, it might have something to do with the parameter names being too long. Change &shipperCode to &shipCode for all and try again.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott
August 17, 2006, 01:03 PM
KellyT
Thanks for the suggestion.

I did figure out the problem. I neglected to put in the parameter names in report caster. I only had the actual values set up.

Once I added the parameter name it worked fine.

Thanks for the help,
Kelly

Prod: WebFOCUS 8.2.0.4
Outputs: HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 2005