Focal Point
[SOLVED] - Unable to access projects on localhost

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5617071876

September 01, 2015, 12:17 PM
Ali
[SOLVED] - Unable to access projects on localhost
Hello Everyone,
Last week I was able to develop and deploy Maintain app on my local machine successfully. This week I started to have problems logging in to my local machine (projects on localhost). When I log in to local host I get this error "Unable to Log On". I have developer studio 8104 and developer studio 77 installed on my machine. I use "thisfoci" batch file to switch between the two. I uninstalled and reinstalled the two and the problem persists. My machine is running Windows 7 Pro. The strange thing is that it was working last week and I haven't made any changes. Any ideas why this is happening? Your help is appreciated.
Thanks,

Ali

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ali,

WebFOCUS Developer Studio 8104 / Windows 7 / HTML and Excel
September 02, 2015, 09:02 AM
Maintain Wizard
This could be due to an issue with Tomcat. Start and stop the service. If you still have no luck please contact the help desk.

Mark
September 08, 2015, 07:24 AM
Ali
Thanks Mark,
I checked Tomcat service and the status was stopped even though the startup type was set to automatic. I tried rebooting the computer several times and nothing changed. I uninstalled developer studio 8 and tomcat, rebooted the computer, and Apache Tomcat 7.0 for WebFocus was still there even after removing everything. What I did to resolve this issue, after searching and googling, that I had to use the command prompt to delete/remove the service. The command was SC DELETE [servicename]
After removing the service I re-installed developer studio and Tomcat and everything went back to normal.

Marking this post as SOLVED.

Ali

WebFOCUS Developer Studio 8104 / Windows 7 / HTML and Excel