Focal Point
[SOLVED] Problem with Saved Parameter reports with IE 11.0.9600.17126

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5647075176

July 07, 2014, 12:29 PM
Joy_Jacques
[SOLVED] Problem with Saved Parameter reports with IE 11.0.9600.17126
We have an issue that we can reproduce on machines running version 11.0.9600.17126 of Internet Explorer.

When users try to run saved parameter reports no fields in our report populate, and if I debug the page I get the following error:

window.opener = window.open("", "composerSaveParameters","left=10000,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no");
window.opener.blur();}
Unable to get property 'blur' of undefined or null reference

I am not sure if this javascript is in an IBI file or one we have modified. I will continue checking, but thought I'd post here too. Any advice is appreciated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

7.7.2, Windows, html
July 07, 2014, 05:52 PM
HarryLo
I've encountered some errors in the same release as you have ( I was not able to reply to a post on this site). However, in Google Chrome, the issue does not occur. You might want to test your problem using Chrome to see if that makes a difference.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs
July 10, 2014, 09:12 AM
Joy_Jacques
We have figured out what was causing the issue. With this version of IE, the normal bar asking about pop-ups doesn't appear in the browser, so it was a pop-up blocker causing the problem.

Once the browser was upgraded the message "Do you want to allow pop-ups" appeared in IE. When we said NO, the report did not populate correctly, but if you said ALLOW then it did.

7.7.2, Windows, html