Focal Point
[CLOSED] FREEZE columns in HTML and FREEZE Heading in AHTML

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5657059476

March 03, 2015, 11:05 AM
Y&Y
[CLOSED] FREEZE columns in HTML and FREEZE Heading in AHTML
I have a task in WebFocus 8.0.09 to generate HTML or AHTML report output.
User requires in the output to freeze HEADING and Column TITLES , so the scroll down will be available. Also freeze first left column in same output, it will allow scroll data to the right.

My question is the same as in a post year 2010 but applying to WebFOCUS 8:
1. Can we freeze the first column in HTML output.
2. Can we freeze the headings in AHTML output?
http://forums.informationbuild...=940109034#940109034
If the answer still NO, what would be the way around?

Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,
March 03, 2015, 11:38 AM
Francis Mariani
HTML reports:

- As far as I know, there's no way to freeze the first column.
- Use the WebFOCUS style-sheet attribute HFREEZE to freeze column titles, this creates a scrollable area for the report body.

Active HTML reports:

- Use the WebFOCUS style-sheet attribute FREEZE-COLUMN to set the column to freeze the report at - it does not have to be the first column.
- Use the WebFOCUS style-sheet attribute LINES-PER-PAGE to set the number of reports rows to see on one page. Paging is automatically created.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
March 03, 2015, 12:13 PM
Y&Y
Thank you for your response Francis.

WebFOCUS 8204 and older, iWay DataMigrator; Unix/Linux/Windows; Oracle 11g, DB2; SQL, PL/SQL, ETL
March 04, 2015, 11:19 AM
<Emily Duensing>
I remember a presentation given at Summit in 2007 where a customer showed how to freeze column titles and the first column in an HTML report. So, I know it can be done. All CSS and WebFOCUS stylesheet code.

I have located my hard copy of the presentation, but I will see if IB still has an electronic version of it around somewhere. Will let you know.
March 04, 2015, 03:42 PM
Y&Y
Thank you Emily.

WebFOCUS 8204 and older, iWay DataMigrator; Unix/Linux/Windows; Oracle 11g, DB2; SQL, PL/SQL, ETL
March 04, 2015, 04:11 PM
Francis Mariani
Of course it can be done, but it's not necessarily easy, and try doing that with the almighty GUI...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server