Focal Point
[CLOSED] Info App - data source drop-down?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5677006576

April 15, 2015, 12:58 PM
abrennan
[CLOSED] Info App - data source drop-down?
Hello,

I've been asked to produce an Info App like the one in this image:

I am able to put together a basic prototype but I am a bit stumped by the "Select a Data Source" drop-down. Does anyone know of any online documentation that explains how to implement this?

Thanks!

Aaron

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,
April 15, 2015, 02:01 PM
MartinY
I think that the solution is to create a fex that will generate a "source" file (output format XML) that can then be used to populate the list box data for "Select a Data Source".

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
April 16, 2015, 09:49 AM
eric.woerle
What exactly do you expect the data source drop down to change? If you are actually changing the data source, won't your other fields need to be updated to? Have you figured out how you plan to do that? If for some reason the fields don't change but your data source does, then I would just hard code the select box and make the table file request an amper variable. If your field selection needs to change, you can look into using the SYSCOLUM master file to get a list of fields to populate your boxes with.

I don't know how you expect this to work, but their might be a few things that you need to determine still for how you want your info app to function.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2
April 17, 2015, 07:12 AM
MartinY
Eric,
Consider that the "Data source" are all about sales aggregated differently (meaning data mart) such as by category, salesman, region, state,...
They may have all the same metrics and information except the "group by" level, so having one selection screen where only the data source change may have a lot of sense and no need to refresh selection list boxes.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007