Focal Point
Preload Dashboard Tabs

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5691081342

August 22, 2007, 11:22 AM
Jenn McMaster
Preload Dashboard Tabs
I have a dashboard with 5 tabs in it. The tabs don't load until the user clicks on them. Can I pre-load these so that all of the reports on each tab runs when the user goes to the dashboard?

WF 7.1.4
Windows 2003
August 23, 2007, 10:57 AM
Kerry
Hi Jenn,

I ran a bit search on our online documents and came across the following topic, which may be of interest:

Summary: Dashboard Tabs do not Auto Refresh

Since this issue may relate to what release of WebFOCUS you are on, can you please update your signature in profile? Here is some information to be included in your signature.

Hope this helps. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
August 23, 2007, 11:19 AM
Jenn McMaster
Thanks Kerry. I updated my profile.

I did see this out there, but this makes every tab in the dashboard reload each time you click on the tab. I am looking to pre-load the report in the tab just the first time BEFORE the user actually clicks on the Tab itself.

My report is a Visual Discovery page and I want it to actually run and load everything up before the user actually clicks on the TAB.

WF 7.1.4
Windows 2003
August 23, 2007, 11:39 AM
Francis Mariani
If you know the number of tabs and their names, you *may* be able to jig some JavaScript to load them. I would stick the JavaScript function in the Dashboard banner in the body onLoad event.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server