Focal Point
[CLOSED] Retreiving Values from Parent/Child Hierarchy

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5707090076

April 10, 2014, 12:08 PM
Praveen Kumar
[CLOSED] Retreiving Values from Parent/Child Hierarchy
Hi All,

I have created a Parent/Child Hierarchy Relationship in Product dimension table (Using Parent_OF and CAPTION Properties). Created a model joining with Fact table F_Sales. I tried to generate the report based on this model by placing the Product Namefield and the measures in the Report Painter. Chosen the Product Name as Hierarchy and Measure fields as SUM.

When I tried to run the report, I get Error Message as 'Root Data is not unique in the database'.

Can anyone help me out in fixing this?.

Thank You.

Using WebFocus 8.0.0.3, SQL Server DB

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,
April 28, 2014, 09:14 PM
<Kathryn Henning>
Hi Praveen,

I've consulted with support management on this, and the recommendation is to open a case on InfoResponse Online so that we can review your files to determine what is causing this.

Thanks and regards,

Kathryn
April 29, 2014, 08:36 AM
Efrem
Does the Top Level Node have a blank PARENT?
I think it should.
Could be wrong.
May 01, 2014, 08:36 AM
Praveen Kumar
Yes. The top level node has a blank value in the Parent.

How could I modify it in order to run the report?

Can you help me on it?.

Thanks,
Praveen
May 02, 2014, 10:42 AM
George Patton
Is this a case where flipping the data upside down might help - i.e. using the child segment as the initial point of entry to the database?

You can do this with:

TABLE FILE FILENAME.FIELDNAME

where FIELDNAME is on the child segment.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP