Focal Point
Maintain -- Set the value in a Static Combo Box Possible?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5711006542

September 06, 2007, 09:43 AM
John_Edwards
Maintain -- Set the value in a Static Combo Box Possible?
I have a plain old combo box (drop-down) on a Maintain form where I specify the text and value (which are different) that I want to work with. The user has the ability to open a record in the form, and when they do that I want to use maintain to set the value of that combo box to the value that was saved in the database.

The Maintain documentation does not address this case. This appears to be a remarkably simple requirement, but I cannot find a simple solution. Focal Point and the documentation seem to want me to set values from a stack based on a data source, or from an accept list.

Is it possible to change what selection appears in a combo box in Maintain?

J.

September 06, 2007, 10:44 AM
John_Edwards
I got it, and it IS easy and it IS documented, although the font colors on my machine hid it away (curse this LCD screen!)

Here's the ticket --

COMPUTE Formname.ControlName.ListItems.FocIndex = n;

The Formname and the ControlName need to be specified to match your particular file. But the ListItems part of that line is static -- it is indeed the value "ListItems" and refers to the static list of entries you placed in the "As entered here" part of the combobox control on your screen.

Never mind!

J.