Focal Point
[CLOSED] Put Fex in Portal Designer Header

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5737046296

February 18, 2020, 02:07 PM
Dan Brooke
[CLOSED] Put Fex in Portal Designer Header
Hi everyone,

When we used the older Collaborative BI Portal we had the ability to put a Fex file in the header. We have a multi-tenant setup and we have a Fex which determines the correct logo to display based on the user who runs it. This allowed us to show teach tenant's logo on a common portal.

When we make a portal in Designer (at 8205) I don't see how to make a Fex run on the portal. I realize I could pick a logo when editing the portal but this doesn't work in a multi-tenant situation where many tenants are using the same portal.

I can put the Fex onto a page and use CSS to get the image it generates to the right location, but this means the Fex has to be on each page on the portal and we allow end-users to create their own pages.

Does anyone know how to get a Fex to run on a portal created in Designer in 8205?

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Dan B.
WebFocus 8205M
February 21, 2020, 01:08 PM
FP Mod Chuck
Dan

Since no one has been able to provide any guidance on this please open a case with techsupport.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
February 21, 2020, 05:20 PM
Doug
Iv'e done it, as a Welcome Message based on the userid, but it'll take a while for me to dig up that methodology.

Like Chuck said, Open a case...