Focal Point
[CLOSED]One ReportCaster schedule to SFTP multiple .fex's

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5757041186

March 07, 2016, 11:47 AM
B
[CLOSED]One ReportCaster schedule to SFTP multiple .fex's
The documentation indicates that you can schedule multiple .fex's using multiple tasks in one ReportCaster schedule for distributing via email. However, is it possible to run one schedule that will execute 3 .fex's and SFTP the data? I was thinking of using the Pre-processing Procedure within the main schedule. The 3 .fex's are not dependent on each other- they can run independently. Does anyone have experience with this in WF8.1.05?
Thanks in advance,
B

This message has been edited. Last edited by: B,

now WF8 Release 8.2.01M, Windows 2012 now in Production
March 08, 2016, 04:38 AM
SWES
Hello B,

I would say you indeed create three different tasks within the schedule.

Another way would be to INCLUDE the three .fex files in one 'master fex', as you state they are not depending on each other. You can direct the output format/location in each .fex itself. The 'master file' then just creates HTML output from the ReportCaster, but the processing of SFTP happens in the individual files.

Using the pre-processing procedure would not have my preference as it serves a different purpose.

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows 7, All Outputs

Member of the Benelux Usergroup
March 08, 2016, 09:13 AM
jgelona
We don't use RC to ftp/sftp data. We generally use a Linux shell script to do that.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.
March 11, 2016, 05:43 PM
B
Thank you both for your responses/suggestions. At this point, if I try to use 3 Tasks within 1 schedule, 8.1.05 will not allow me to distribute via SFTP- it only allows via Email or Printer. Am having trouble including the .fex files in one- since there are parameter defaults on all 3 of them; also when it hits the -INCLUDE (a requirement that we must have), it won't run the next report. Still working on this...

now WF8 Release 8.2.01M, Windows 2012 now in Production