Focal Point
[SOLVED]Search Settings on search control

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5787085576

April 14, 2015, 09:34 AM
wlwright1
[SOLVED]Search Settings on search control
I have a html page with double list boxes for users to select parameters. I have added a search control for some of the list boxes. I want to locate the Search Settings so that I can set the default to "Instant Search". I've searched on Focal Point and documentation and haven't been able to find it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wlwright1,

Windows 7
Excel, AHTML, HTML,PDF
April 15, 2015, 09:16 AM
GavinL
I don't know what data your have loaded, but try using wild cards on the end. For example: "issues*", without the quotes.

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!
-----------------------------
Product: WebFOCUS
Version: 8.1.04
Server: Windows 2008 Server
April 15, 2015, 10:23 AM
wlwright1
Here is a picture of the control I am talking about. Let's say for example using the car example that I have bodytype of the cars dataset. I want it to when I start typing sedan it brings up those results instantly.

http://imgur.com/p1nHHGN

Windows 7
Excel, AHTML, HTML,PDF
April 17, 2015, 03:48 PM
wlwright1
This is how we ended up fixing the issue in case anyone wants to use this.Used a jQuery function to set it on page open. We then added the s-criteria-page as a class on the html page.

$(document).ready(function() {
   //check the Instant search option in every double list box that has paging controls

//check if the document is really loaded by looking for the page's class every 5 seconds
   //when it's found, check the "Instant Search" checkboxes on all the page controls for double list boxes
   var intervalId = setInterval(function() {
        if($('.s-criteria-page').length) {
            clearInterval(intervalId);
            $('.IBI_SPControlLocal.m-navigator table tr:nth-child(4) input').prop('checked', true);
        }
    }, 5000);
    //try this a max of 60 seconds
    setTimeout(function() { clearInterval(intervalId); }, 10000);
});

Windows 7
Excel, AHTML, HTML,PDF