Focal Point
Data Sources

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5791011062

December 04, 2007, 10:05 AM
baxj89
Data Sources
I need data from two different servers. I have master file descriptions on both servers and would like to write on focus report utilizing both masters. I am using developers studio.
Any ideas!!!!!! We do not have the Iway connector we use an ODBC driver. Our shop does not have the maintain piece of web focus.

Developers Studio 7.6.5
December 04, 2007, 10:35 AM
GinnyJakes
Retrieve the data from both servers separately. Hold the target as a FOCUS file and index the join key. Join the two extracts together and create your report.

This is very simplistic. You will need to provide more information if you would like a more detailed response.

Also, please go to your profile and update your signature with your WebFOCUS release information and platforms.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
December 04, 2007, 10:49 AM
baxj89
I'll try and explain I have the first focus file comming from server A using a mfd and the second focus from server B using a mfd. I would like to write one focus instead of two.

Developers Studio 7.6.5
December 04, 2007, 11:05 AM
GinnyJakes
In a single focexec, you will have 3 table requests:

TABLE FILE A
PRINT FLD1 FLD2
BY KEYFLD1
ON TABLE HOLDA FORMAT ALPHA
END

TABLE FILE B
PRINT FLD1 FLD2
BY KEYFLD1
ON TABLE HOLDB FORMAT FOCUS INDEX KEYFLD1
END

JOIN KEYFLD1 IN HOLDA TO [ALL] KEYFLD1 IN HOLDB AS J1
TABLE FILE HOLDA
PRINT ...
BY ...
END

Is this what you want?

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google