Focal Point
HTML Painter and Image Sources - got to be a bug.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5831036602

January 11, 2007, 01:59 PM
Anatess
HTML Painter and Image Sources - got to be a bug.
Hello All -

I have an image on the HTML that I'm editing using HTML Painter. For some reason, when I assign the source to it, HTML Painter points it to my local temp directory. The image is in the app directory in the server, but, I guess it copies it down to my local directory then changes the html to point there. I'm concerned that this might not work when deploying to production.

I'm using 7.1.4. Any thoughts on this?

WF 8.1.05 Windows
January 11, 2007, 04:03 PM
tglaser
Had the same problem. My solution was to do everything I needed to do in Painter, then assign the image file while in text mode and never again open the file in painter.

WebFocus 7.1.4 Win2K Client

WebFocus 7.1.6 Server
January 12, 2007, 04:39 PM
Anatess
tglaser - I was afraid of that. Thanks for the info. I think this needs to be changed in the new versions, if it hasn't been yet.

WF 8.1.05 Windows
January 15, 2007, 04:27 AM
Tony A
Anatess,

Raise a case with support, without that they'll not action the fix!

IB watch the content here (Hi Kerry Wink), but without the techsupport case nothing will get fixed.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
January 15, 2007, 04:56 AM
<JJI>
Anatess,

Tony is right, without a case it will not be fixed. I'v had the same problem and did the same thing Tony did. My WF installation (desktop,Client and server) is installed on a Virtual machine. I tried to reboot the VM over and over again but no result. Then I raised the memormy for that VM and that gave me, strange enough, better results, but the problem was still comming back. Then I didn't use the VM for a couple of days and suddely the problem was no longer there. The only explaination I have for this is that by rebooting the entire machine resolved the problem and cleaned up the garbage that triggered this problem.

So maybe rebooting your machine will help you of did you trie this already?

Kind regards,
Dirk JJI