Focal Point
Need To Pull a field from a JSON response into a Database Field

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5837083676

May 26, 2015, 09:59 AM
John_Edwards
Need To Pull a field from a JSON response into a Database Field
I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to make a call to ESRI's geocodeAddresses interface to determine which county an address is in.

Here's the deal -- this is WebFOCUS 7.7.03, running screens in Maintain where I gather an address, but not the county. I need the county and want to geocode in order to get it, and then have it entered into the database along with the other parts of the address when the user presses the Save button. I have an arcgis available to me and I can send it url calls to see that it will indeed respond with the county name, but I need to digest that in WebFOCUS in some way in order to get it into my database.

I can get the county name back in json or soap, but I can't figure out how I am going to return that to Maintain in a field. Best guess is I do a call to an external focexec and do my magic there, something I do with DEFINE fields all the time. But this one doesn't look that easy because the response is about 30 fields and I just need the one. I'm also curious about what the timing will be on the execution of the url.

Anybody done anything like this lately?