Focal Point
[CLOSED]InfoAssist - show app paths to business user

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5887005086

January 29, 2016, 05:29 AM
SWES
[CLOSED]InfoAssist - show app paths to business user
How come all the master files in InfoAssist are thrown at the business user at once, without any sort or select option from the application paths hierarchy? It just shows Reporting Server and dozens of master files are listed to them. No wonder users are struggling to work with InfoAssist.

Yes, I know: I could go and add a description to each and every master file, but that's not going to happen.

Is it just me or how come IBI does not use the structure of the EDA, or at least make it available as option, if it's already there.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows 7, All Outputs

Member of the Benelux Usergroup
January 29, 2016, 08:43 AM
BabakNYC
I'm not sure if I understand the question. When I open InfoAssist, I get prompted by a list of APP Folders in my APP PATH. When I pick an APP Folder, I get a list of Master files in that Folder. That list is sorted by Name by default. I can sort it by Type, Title, and Last Modified when I click on any one of these column titles. I can also enter a partial name of a master in the search next to the magnifying glass. Would you prefer a different way of showing these masters to your business users?

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
January 29, 2016, 08:57 AM
SWES
I guess things have changed since version 8 then... in the right direction.

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows 7, All Outputs

Member of the Benelux Usergroup