Focal Point
[CLOSED] SLICER/FILTER IN DASHBOARD OR PORTAL

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5887021096

May 11, 2018, 05:58 AM
jenni
[CLOSED] SLICER/FILTER IN DASHBOARD OR PORTAL
Hi,
I need to create a slicer, which I can manipulate in a Portal or Dashboard.

Because I am only able to insert the values into the slicer when I am in the fex itself.

I want to see more than one Report with that slicer filter at the same time.

Someone ideas?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs
May 11, 2018, 07:52 AM
MartinY
Instead of adding the slicer in the report itself, add it into an HTML/Document from where you will then add your reports and have them referenced by your slicer.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
May 11, 2018, 08:47 AM
jenni
Can you do an example and post the code?

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs
May 11, 2018, 08:54 AM
Doug
You'll create a "Filter Page" in the HTML/Document" (Composer) which will be used to supply the values to the associated parameters used in the procedures (FEXes or whatever) which will be displayed in the portal.
May 11, 2018, 09:03 AM
MartinY
We cannot provide sample code as simple as is with fex since you have to use the HTML/Document.

You may need to call TechSupport where they will be able to show you from a remote connection or you may found a IB webminar that shows it.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
May 11, 2018, 09:33 AM
jenni
I just don't get it to work..
i created a html document and insert a slider:
Settings-> dynamic -> Default -> datascoure:my mas file -> value from:field -> Display from:same field -> selection to? notworking
and that's it??
It's not showing my any values out of m field at all and how do I pass the Parameters into my fex as filters??

It would be Kind to get a Manual.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs
May 11, 2018, 12:20 PM
FP Mod Chuck
Jenni

From the techsupport site go to technical content library and choose the version of WebFOCUS you are using. There is a manual called "Reporting Tools" that should help you. You can download it in PDF.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats