Focal Point
Run fex in MRE environment

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5921019192

July 17, 2008, 02:35 PM
Tomsweb
Run fex in MRE environment
I am trying to create a launch page, which will have the capability to run several fexes. The user can select an individual focexec from a multi-select drop down control. I have created the launch page without a problem.

Now, I am trying to create a driver page that will run a focexec from parm(s) passed from the
Launch page.

I have started out with this line of code:
-SET &XFEX = ‘CAR1.FEX’;
-MRNOEDIT -INCLUDE APP/&XFEX

I have been getting errors like:

0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 6 IN PROCEDURE mrheaderFOCEXEC *
(FOC295) A VALUE IS MISSING FOR: &XFEX
(FOC227) THE FOCEXEC PROCEDURE CANNOT BE FOUND: APP/

I have tried to run this FEX without the ‘APP/’ snippit, and I still get errors.

Can anyone help me clarify if I would be server better by coding,

EX &XFEX
-RUN

or

MRNOEDIT -INCLUDE APP/&XFEX
-RUN

Also, what is the correct syntax for this?

I am in the MRE environment…
WF environments
Production
Managed Reporting
Domains
WOFitz
Standard Reports
fex.fex
I would appreciate any assistance anyone can give me with this. I am very new to MRE!

Thanks! Roll Eyes

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
APP Studio, Developer Studio, InfoAssist, Dashboards, charts & reports
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36
July 17, 2008, 04:01 PM
Sayed
Put the focexec in reporting server and the try this

-SET &ECHO='ALL';
-SET &XFEX = 'EX ' | 'car';
-RUN
&XFEX

http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/sps/22062024.html

Sayed

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE
July 17, 2008, 04:18 PM
j.gross
You're looking at two very different deployments:

EX &XFEX
-RUN

would call on MR to locate the called program and insert its code. But MR does not execute dialog manager, so that will not work.

MRNOEDIT -INCLUDE APP/&XFEX 
-RUN

would leave it to iWay server to find the fex in the specified app folder -- assuming variable &XFEX is properly established; it might work better with &XFEX.EVAL

As to the Foc295: if there is a -SET or -IF just before your "-SET &XFEX = ‘CAR1.FEX’;" that is missing its closing semicolon, that could be the cause.

If you prefer to store all the reports in MR, rather then on the server, here's a model for the driver:
-* driver fex:
-GOTO &FEX

-ALPHA
 EX ALPHA
-GOTO DONE

-BETA
 EX BETA
-GOTO DONE

-GAMMA
 EX GAMMA
-GOTO DONE
-DONE

*All* the callable fexes will be expanded by MR (inserted in place of the EX statements);
then the driver's expanded code will be passed to the iWay server, which will branch to the one selected report.

It's a bit wasteful to expand all the reports and send them all up to the WF Server, but it should work.

One caveat: all dialog manager labels appearing in the various reports must be unique.

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05
July 17, 2008, 04:53 PM
Tomsweb
Thanks to everyone for their reply...

I am still a little confused, because I am not sure where these fexes would need to be stored if I am going to run them in MR. Where would I put these fexes or are they alright where they are now?

Thanks Again,

Tom Idea

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36
July 17, 2008, 05:14 PM
Tomsweb
Thanks everyone. I have figured it out.
Smiler

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36
July 17, 2008, 11:07 PM
Waz
Tom, can you post what you figured out, and update the title of your original post to include the word [SOLVED] or [WORKAROUND].

If the fex is on the server, the code should be
-DEFAULT &XFEX = 'CAR1';
-MRNOEDIT -INCLUDE &XFEX

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!