Focal Point
Database connection

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5921038331

February 11, 2005, 03:00 PM
<ksarkar>
Database connection
Hello,

I am using DS 5.0 and have already created the report. The problem is when I am trying to run this report on a different machine (server). To the best of our knowledge we have the database configuration set up. Why do I still get this error when I try to run the report ?

Error: No HTML Output.
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 35 IN PROCEDURE MEMFEX FOCEXEC *
(FOC015) THE TEST VALUE IS LONGER THAN THE FIELD FORMAT LENGTH: None
(FOC1488) SQL INTERFACE HAS NOT BEEN INSTALLED OR COULD NOT BE INITIALIZED
: Subphysical interface not installed for SUFFIX=SQLORA. Module name: ORAPAS2
(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS -1 (HEX: FFFFFFFF)
(FOC1479) ERROR CONNECTING TO SQL DATABASE

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kinkini.
February 11, 2005, 03:16 PM
Leo L
When you say DS 5.0 are you talking about DevStudio 5.(2 or 3)?

Also when you are saying you've created the report, Am I to understand that it works properly on 1 machine but not on the "server" machine? (which would have its own WebFocus Server on it and is completely seperate then the first machine)

Leo
February 11, 2005, 05:39 PM
<ksarkar>
Leo,

Its developer studio 5.2 and yes the server is a different machine with the WebFOCUS server running on it.
The report runs fine on one machine and gives the other machine wich is completely separate from the first machine.

Thanks.

Kinkini.
February 14, 2005, 12:21 PM
TexasStingray
First, Start with the first error.

0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 35 IN PROCEDURE MEMFEX FOCEXEC *
(FOC015) THE TEST VALUE IS LONGER THAN THE FIELD FORMAT LENGTH: None

Make sure that metadata (Master File Description, MDF) are the same. It looks like you may have a where statment of define that check the value of a field and the val is longer then field length.