Focal Point
[CLOSED] How to add a Defer button to an html page and pass parms

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5957026816

April 04, 2012, 04:00 PM
Kafka
[CLOSED] How to add a Defer button to an html page and pass parms
This is Lee Martin. I am trying to copy an existing self_service .htm page into MRE and add a defer button and was only partially successful. I am able to copy a self_service htm file into MRE, add the deferred button and it submits a report deferred. But I'm unable yet to pass the parms collected from the htm page. It just calls the .fex and "autoprompts". What am I missing as far as passing the parms to the .fex using the Deferred button? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

April 06, 2012, 02:56 PM
TexasStingray
I would look at using radio buttons box instead of a defered button. the variable name is IBIMR_defer and when you want to run defered set it value to "Defer" else set it to "".

Scott

Kafka - Hard to say without seeing your code but if you copied the code from a self service file you probably need to 'reconnect' all the bits so the paths are correct for the MRE domain and folder. One simple way to do that is to re-select the hyperlink for the Run Button and point it to the procedure where it is located in MRE. Once that is working you should be able to add a Deferred Run Button.

Dan

7.7.05M/7.7.03 HF6 on Windows Server 2003 SP2 output to whatever is required.
"Thanks for the input. I recently did one to do a decode on a file that was larger then 66K bytes." Please send me the Decode subroutine that you have created.....I would really appreciate...Thanks in advance...it's urgent...pleaseeee

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs