Focal Point
Maintain.....

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5961042581

September 12, 2006, 05:07 AM
kalyanswarna
Maintain.....
Hi ,

What is the use of maintain in WebFOCUS.

Thanks,

Thanks,
Kalyan.S
------------------------------------
WebFOCUS 7.1.4, Win XP SP2,
Oracle8i.
------------------------------------
September 12, 2006, 05:21 AM
Pete
K.,

In short...
Maintain enables you to build applications that allow the user to update , delete or insert data.

P.

D: WF 7.6.2 P. : WF 7.6.2 on W2003
------------------------------------------------------------------
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.

-Jim Morrison-

September 12, 2006, 08:50 AM
<Tim Howard_ABCBS>
They did a webcast on that very subject this past Friday. It went in detail about what Maintain was and how you can use it, including example websites that are using it. They usually post those on there Online Seminars page (http://www.informationbuilders.com/events/seminars/arch_sems.html) within a week or two for those who miss it. It's not out there yet, but I would check back from time to time and look at it. Look under the 'Hands-On Technology – Focal Point Web Series' section.
September 12, 2006, 08:55 AM
Maintain Wizard
As this was the first Webinar with out MaryEllen, I am not sure it got recorded correctly. If you would like a copy of the presentation, drop me an e-mail at Mark_Derwin@IBI.com and I will be happy to send it to you.

Maintain is both a language and a fully integrated development enviornment for creating Web Applications that can update almost any data source almost anywhere on your enterprise.

Mark
September 12, 2006, 12:03 PM
KevinG
Kalyan,

Some of the real power of Maintain (in addition to data manipulation) is the ability to display data and launch WebFOCUS reports (based on that data) from the Maintain screen. You can also use WebFOCUS report output to load specific data into Maintain for further Maintenance/Analysis.

Kevin

WF 7.6.10 / WIN-AIX
September 12, 2006, 06:13 PM
Tony A
Mark,

Diane Sklar posted the link in another of these forums - unfortuantely I think that it's one a lot of people don't go to Frowner

The link for the presentation should be Maintain Presentation

T