Focal Point
[CLOSED] Active reports filtering and totaling

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5967081076

April 16, 2014, 08:46 AM
smoss
[CLOSED] Active reports filtering and totaling
Is it possible to have a total line appear when filtering in an active report? I know you can use the calculate sum feature for each field but that is a bit cumbersome.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 7.7.03M
OS/400 and the client is Win7
April 23, 2014, 06:03 PM
Kathleen Butler
Hi - I checked with our product team and was able to get the following response so let me know if this helps you.

If you do not want the users to have to apply the calculations manually at run-time, you can set it in the procedure as the example below.

The following simple example will always display the calculation results at the bottom for DOLLARS & UNITS fields. When the user applies the filter to the report, both the total and filtered total will continue to display at the bottom of those columns.

TABLE FILE GGSALES
SUM DOLLARS UNITS
BY REGION
BY ST
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT AHTML
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=N3, CALCULATION=SUM, $ --- specify column and calculation type
TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=N4, CALCULATION=AVE, $
TYPE=REPORT, CALC-LOCATION=BOTTOM, $ --- specify where the calculation result is displayed
ENDSTYLE
END

You can also use Grid Tool menu option at run-time (if it is available) to add calculations to each column before they apply the filter, so that both the total and filtered total will continue to display in the report when they apply filter.

If this solves your issue please update the subject line with solved or just respond back.

Thanks
Kathleen Butler
Information Builders