Focal Point
[SOLVED] Report Auto Location-ing and Long text display.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5977006786

August 26, 2017, 08:20 AM
Learner123
[SOLVED] Report Auto Location-ing and Long text display.
Hi guys, im kinda new to Webfocus Infoassist (BI portal). And I have 2 questions to ask.
1. Can a report automatically shift under another report?

Report 1* Please ignore the asterisk
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Item 1*******|*vLow*|*Low*|*Avg*|*High*|*vHigh*|*Description******************|
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Sugar Level **|******|*****|**O**|******|*******|Sugar level is at a normal level, *|
|************|******|*****|*****|******|*******|please continue to moderate your|
|************|******|*****|*****|******|*******|diet.***********************|
*Move report 2 directly under report 1

Report 2* Please ignore the asterisk
|Item 2 ******|*vLow*|*Low*|*Avg*|*High*|*vHigh*|*Description*****************|
|Blood Pressure|******|*****|*****|******|***O**|Blood pressure is at a High level,|
|************|******|*****|*****|******|******|please refer..........************|

And there will be like report 3, 4 and so on.

2. As you can see from the example on top. The "description" will be a long text is there a way to make it wrap? I did search on WRAP=X.XX. However, everytime after I edit my document and save the code that I typed in at Text Editor will change to COLUMN=N1, WRAP=OFF, $. is there a way to remind the code? and also is there a way to make all Report to have the same size and let it auto wrap if needed to be?

*I using document, pdf format. Sorry for the long messages. It will be great if someone can help me here.

Thanks alot!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,
August 28, 2017, 08:16 AM
BabakNYC
1. You can combine multiple reports/charts in a Document. So, essentially, you create a bunch of reports and then assemble them in a Document that'll show them one after the other or side by side.
2. I believe Wrap will work for text fields. I think the syntax is TXn where n is the total length.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
September 01, 2017, 09:59 AM
Learner123
Hi BabakNYC

Thank you for your reply.
I have created a bunch of reports within a page of a document. As you can see the last column "Description" will be a dynamic text depending on the statuses (vlow,low and so-on), so it could be long (5 lines with wrap) or short (maybe 3 lines with wrap).

I would like to know is it possible to have the report to pick up the end point of the previous report and display itself underneath it?

For question 2. I found a "workaround" i simply created a style template with wrap function coded in it. And direct the documents' report theme to that template.

WebFOCUS 8.1
Windows, PDF
September 11, 2017, 03:36 PM
FP Mod Chuck
Hi Learner123

If the output format is html I think this is what you want.

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
CAR.BODY.RETAIL_COST
CAR.BODY.SALES
BY CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
BY CAR.COMP.CAR
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLEMBEDIMG ON
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE = IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/_EDAHOME/ETC/endeflt.sty,
$
ENDSTYLE
END
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
CAR.BODY.SEATS
BY CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
BY CAR.COMP.CAR
BY CAR.CARREC.MODEL
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLEMBEDIMG ON
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE = IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/_EDAHOME/ETC/endeflt.sty,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
September 12, 2017, 09:01 AM
Learner123
Hi Chuck Wolff.

Thank you for your reply Smiler , my output is pdf.
Just found the solution to my question 1, didnt know it's call Relative positioning. Hahaha, kinda of new to WebFocus.

http://forums.informationbuild...71057331/m/346101674

Cheers!

WebFOCUS 8.1
Windows, PDF