Focal Point
sorting dates in a dropdown list

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5981056772

March 25, 2008, 11:56 AM
J kusiak
sorting dates in a dropdown list
I have two dropdown lists returning all unique dates in a table. One dropdown allows the user to select a date to begin a range, the other dropdown allows the user to select a date to end a range. Both dropdown default to display the earliest date in the dropdown. Is there a way to have the endDate dropdown list display the latest date in the table?
Thanks.

Joe
(Dev+Prod) WebFOCUS 7.6.x Windows 2003
Excel, PDF, HTML
March 25, 2008, 01:09 PM
Leah
What method are you using to populate the dates? That might give a clue as how to help you solve your probelm.

Oh, yes, the eternal comment, you need to show what version of WebFOCUS you are using in your signature. As I notice this is your first posting to the list.

Leah
March 25, 2008, 01:24 PM
Fernando
You can create a procedure that queries your table directly, sorting in any way you wish.

Look up how to do this. Quick info is only return 2 columns. One you want the user to see. One you want to be passed to the next query. (Forget the order right now). Hide the reminding columns with noprint. Then refer to this procedure as your source of the list and not a master file.

Fernando

Prod WF 8.1.04, QA WF 8.2.03, Dev WF 8.2.03
March 25, 2008, 01:30 PM
J kusiak
Dropdowns are populated using one of the fields of a master file used as a Data source.

I updated signature, but versions running are:
WebFocus 7.6.x (Prod+Dev) Windows platform

Joe
Excel, PDF, HTML
March 25, 2008, 02:50 PM
GinnyJakes
Do as Fernando said, write a program, and in HTML Layout Painter change the source from a master to a procedure.

You can find doc on this in the "Developing Reporting Applications" manual.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
March 25, 2008, 04:05 PM
J kusiak
Thanks-
Creating the procedure (making sure to include the XML formatting) did the trick. Works nicely.
Thanks again.

Joe
WebFocus 7.6.x (Prod+Dev) Windows platform

Joe
Excel, PDF, HTML