Focal Point
[SHARING] Webfocus Upgrade from 7.1.4 to latest

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/59810603

March 05, 2009, 09:24 AM
MattC
[SHARING] Webfocus Upgrade from 7.1.4 to latest
I know there are tons of posts on upgrading, but I was wondering if there was anything out there to help estimate the hours for installation, migration, testing, and so forth?

I would take my inventory of my environments and kind of estimate hours for it, For example, Report Castor is setup in all of the environments and each RC has 12 jobs in each. Well the upgrade to RC will take like 2 hours, and each job will take an hour to test.

I just kind of need to throw together a rough total estimate of hours to complete this.

Does this make sense?

Thanks for you help.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
March 05, 2009, 09:48 AM
GinnyJakes
I would first go through the installation manual and identify the pieces you would have to perform then estimate the time. I have yet been able to upgrade RC in two hours. For instance, if you have to recreate the Report Caster respository, you have to allow time to back up the existing files, unload them, then recreate them. You have to document your existing configuration, install and configure to your 7.1 parameter settings, do installation verification, then migrate. This could take several days depending on whether you have to get anyone else involved.

You are on the right track with this but the time estimates come from having done it before. If you haven't done it before, give yourself lots of time in case you have to open a case or two during the process.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google