Focal Point
Filling dropdown from a procedure

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5991009331

October 24, 2005, 07:03 PM
KarateExplosion
Filling dropdown from a procedure
How would I modify this code to point to a fex that is a standard report in Manages reporting. Resource Layout only allows to choose a procedure that is on the server not in managed reporting. I believe the datasource would need to be changed but I am not sure what to.

<SELECT id=ITEM2 style="Z-INDEX: 5; LEFT: 10px; WIDTH: 150px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 50px; HEIGHT: 22px" name ="userID" elementname="combobox2" elementtype="combobox" sourcetype="typeFex" labelid="ITEM1" caption="combobox" operation="NONE" ibiformat datatype="1" addalloption="0" dynalldisplayvalue="ALL" inchainindex="-1" chainnumber="-1" cacheruntimedata="0" displayfield="sales.USER_ID" numofrecords="-1" datafield="sales.USER_ID" datasource="new_test.fex" IBIC_server IBIAPP_app="app" datafieldtype="CHAR">
October 24, 2005, 07:27 PM
Tony A
I might be wrong, but the fex has to be in your MR Domain (I normally put them in the "Other" folder) and then change the datasource to "app/new_test.fex". You also need to ensure that your HTML has the appropriate IBI variables in hidden INPUT tags. Not too sure about the "sales." prefix to the display and data fields - is that what the GUI put in or did you?

Oh, and don't forget to add ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XML in your fex as this is the format that the JavaScript and ActiveX requires.

T
October 24, 2005, 08:05 PM
KarateExplosion
"You also need to ensure that your HTML has the appropriate IBI variables in hidden INPUT tags."

Not sure what you mean by that but I can't get anything to appear in the dropdown with the populate by procedure option. What are the necessary hidden input tags? Thanks so much for your help.
October 24, 2005, 08:29 PM
Tony A
I mean the following -

Set the value of IBIMR_fex to you fex, prefixing it with "app/". To see the correct fex name select it in Dev Studio and right click selecting properties.
To obtain the correct IBIMR_domain value, select and right click etc. on the relevant domain name in Dev Studio. The value you want is the href.
To obtain the correct IBIMR_folder do the same for the standard reporting folder in which you fex and html reside.
The IBIMR_random is just a time and MRE uses the time at which the html was first generated - you could reassign this to a random number in JavaScript.

If you build the html in the resource layout tool in MRE then these should have been created for you. You just need to ensure that the values are correct and it doesn't hurt knowing what they are for when you start coding manually.

If I get time tomorrow, I will post an example.

T

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Maryellen>,

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
October 24, 2005, 08:46 PM
KarateExplosion
Thank You Tony. The problem was actually this

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XML

I originally added it to the wrong fex. That fixed the problem. I would have been stuck on that forever without your help.

Thanks Again.