Focal Point
[SOLVED] Maintain - Adding a record with a date

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6007006766

March 03, 2014, 08:04 AM
Jay Potter
[SOLVED] Maintain - Adding a record with a date
I have created a basic form to add a record. It has minimal amount of code where all I have done is add a stackand an "Add" button. When I add information to the form and add the record. Only the text information gets added. The date information does not. I have changed the edit object to a calendar object and select the dates via that object. I have not add a clear stack command so all the information should stay on the form after I have issued the add command. I notice that the date information is cleared. Is ther another property I need to select to lock in the date information to the object so that it will update the record? The table is a DB@ table.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFocus 8.1.5
iSeries/Windows
DB2/SQL/Access
Dev Studio
App Studio
Maintain
ReportCaster
March 03, 2014, 08:43 AM
Maintain Wizard
Jay
If the format of the date in the database is the same as the format of the date on the form, there should be no problem. Please check if the field has MISSING ON. If it does, as a test, remove that parameter and see if that helps.

Please make sure that the field on the form is populated from the stack that you are using to write back to the database. When you click on the edit field, it will tell you. It is possible that the stack that you are using to save back to the database is not getting the value.

If neither of these suggestions help, please open a case with Customer Support.

Mark