Focal Point
[SOLVED] Invisible - No Print not working in Report Caster

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6037018966

March 25, 2014, 01:01 PM
KellyT
[SOLVED] Invisible - No Print not working in Report Caster
Hello,

I have a report that I migrated from 7.6 to 8.005. In the report I have probably 20 parameters with 6 of them having the option of allowing me to turn the invisible on or off.

&totalPiecesInVisible.(,).

The report works fine in developer studio and shows in the parameter list as "totalPiecesInVisible" with options of YES or NO.

I have the report now set up in Report Caster. It has been working for sometime. Well I've just gotten a request to show one of the columns that I had set as invisible = on. In the new version report caster the value is now 'NOPRINT'. HOWEVER, when i go to try changing the value there is no other option to change it to. I can't delete the value or do anything with it.

Thanks for help in advance,
Kelly

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KellyT,

Prod: WebFOCUS 8.2.0.4
Outputs: HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 2005
March 25, 2014, 03:43 PM
Prarie
If you want to be Visible just remove NOPRINT.

NOPRINT has always meant Invisible.
March 28, 2014, 12:34 PM
KellyT
Hello,

Prarie - the problem with me removing the NOPRINT was then it would show all the time. I wanted the option to show the column. The report worked fine in Developer Studio. The issue being that in Report Caster I wasn't allowed to change from NOPRINT to Off.

I created a case on this and here is what we got figured out to change in the .fex file. Which in turn I was able to change in the Report Caster Job.

CHANGED: &totalPiecesInVisible.(,).
TO: &totalPiecesInVisible.(,<''>).

Prod: WebFOCUS 8.2.0.4
Outputs: HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 2005