Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     SAP BW synonym gathering "round" values.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
SAP BW synonym gathering "round" values.
 Login/Join

posted
ENVIRONMENT.
WF 769
OS Win 2003 Server
SAP BW 3.10

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION.
Running a report agains SAP BW 3.10, a floating field is being returned with rounded values, for instance:
report shows 749.0000 while actual data in BW is 748.672

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Took an eye on customer's configuration and found the actual BW datatype we're gathering data from is "QUAN" (quantity), 17 digits long(14 integer and 3 decimal).
When customer creates synonym, on webfocus side the field within master file is created as:
FIELDNAME=ZATV1, ALIAS=ZATV1, USAGE=D18.2, ACTUAL=D8,
MISSING=ON,
TITLE='ZATV1',
REFERENCE=SUM, PROPERTY=MEASURE, $

QUESTIONS.
- Does webfocus 769 supports such BW QUAN datatype?
- If so, Do we need to set any additional configuration either on master file or edasprof to avoid rounding data?

THANKS FOR ANY REPLY.

WF 769
OS Win 2003 Server
SAP BW 3.10

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If your report show 749.0000 then the definition in the master file cannot be D18.2. It has to be something with 4 decimals, not 2.
But that may be beside the point.
I'd open a case with IB on this issue, if I were you, if only to verify if this kind of field is supported.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
GamP: If your report show 749.0000 then the definition in the master file cannot be D18.2

I would start by ascertaining that there isn't another master file somewhere in the path.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for these replies.
1. Yes I actually took care of any other possible master file, but there's any
2. I tried such D18.2, D18.4, D14.4, D14.2, and many other, but doesn't seem to do with the way we map such datatype on WF side.
3. Yes I already raised an incident but no solution yet.

Any other reply will be welcome.
Thanks and best regards.

WF 769
OS Win 2003 Server
SAP BW 3.10