Focal Point
[CLOSED]REPLACE Status: 403 Forbidden Message.InfoAssist+ (WF8.2.01M)

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6047054986

February 28, 2018, 07:24 PM
NewBee...WF8
[CLOSED]REPLACE Status: 403 Forbidden Message.InfoAssist+ (WF8.2.01M)
Hi All,

Thanks in Advance for any suggestions.

Synopsis of the Issue:-
Currently, we have WebFOCUS8.2.01M in Production. We have this situation when the Application reaches the idle state [for the specified time set on the server]it throws an error "Status: 403, Forbidden".

We have a requirement from our users to replace this system generated message with something nice e.g. "Your Session has expired".

The system generated message (Status:403, Forbidden) is stored in .js file located at \ibi\WebFOCUS82\webapps\webfocus\WEB-INF\jsp\httpstatuspage directory.

Steps tried so far:
1)Instead of modifying the .js file came up with my own .html page and placed it at the location \ibi\WebFOCUS82\ibi_html and named it custom403.html.
2)Modified the \ibi\WebFOCUS82\webapps\webfocus\WEB-INF\web.xml to reference the location of the custom page.
3)Changed the to match the Server session timeout time.
4)stopped and started the TomCat server.
5)Waited until the session timeout set time to exceed.

Output: I ain't getting the message that I am passing in my .html page instead I am receiving the message "Session invalidated or timed out - redirecting..." with "OK" and "Cancel" options.

Note: We do not have any LOAD BALANCE on this server.

Any inputs on how to do it differently or any suggestions on what additional steps I need to incorporated inorder to accomplish my task.

Thanks in Advance once again.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NewBee...WF8,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
March 01, 2018, 11:10 AM
FP Mod Chuck
NewBee

In WF 8.2.01M the default should be for it to detect a timeout and take you back to the login screen. I suggest you open a case with techsupport and report your behavior.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
March 01, 2018, 12:59 PM
NewBee...WF8
[CLOSED]Thank you FP Mod Chuck.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs