Focal Point
[CLOSED] WebFOCUS App Branding Logo

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6077028096

October 05, 2018, 12:29 PM
Doug
[CLOSED] WebFOCUS App Branding Logo
I do see a lot of information for 'Branding', but not to brand the ibi_apps home page.

What I'm looking for is a way to change the 'IBI Logo' to 'Our Logo' in the ibi_apps home page, new and legacy (WebFOCUS logo).

I don't see it on the server's C or D drives.

Who knows how and where to change that?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206
October 05, 2018, 01:19 PM
FP Mod Chuck
Doug

I think this is what you are looking for. https://webfocusinfocenter.inf...me/tech-library.html There is a section on the left panel called Customizing and Running Portals and under that Creating a Custom Sign-In Page

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
October 05, 2018, 02:13 PM
Doug
Thanks Chuck, that should be enough to get me started. What I see is "Creating a Custom Sign-in Page", not the IBI_Apps page. But, this is a start.

I'm thinking that the IB Logo, upper left of ibi_apps (new) is an image someplace that I can change. Here's to hoping that it's that simple.
October 08, 2018, 12:38 PM
Hallway
The files are here: \\[server]\[driveLetter]$\ibi\WebFOCUS82\webapps\webfocus\homepage\resources\images and there are two different files that you'll need to replace:

We just created our Logo and Icon as svg files and replaced these files with ours (after making copies of the original svg files).

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

October 08, 2018, 03:08 PM
Doug
Thanks Hallway,
This looks like what I need. I had to get an 'SVG Editor" to make it happen.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug,
October 09, 2018, 09:13 AM
Doug
One more thing: How can we change the link behind those images to go someplace else, like 'our home page on the net, instead of https://www.informationbuilders.com/
October 09, 2018, 10:31 AM
Doug
And another thing: Where do the images for the 'Legacy Page' reside?
October 09, 2018, 04:36 PM
Hallway
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
One more thing: How can we change the link behind those images to go someplace else, like 'our home page on the net, instead of https://www.informationbuilders.com/

File is here: \\[server]\[driveLetter]$\ibi\WebFOCUS82\webapps\webfocus\homepage\home.jsp

You just need make a couple of changes to the .banner-logo onClick event handler:

Hallway

Repository:

Outputs:

October 09, 2018, 04:46 PM
Hallway
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
And another thing: Where do the images for the 'Legacy Page' reside?

I'm curious... Do you know how to explore the DOM of an html page (F12) and see the sources for images? It won't give you the exact file path, but you can get the filename and do a filename search on the server.

Hallway

Repository:

Outputs:

October 09, 2018, 04:51 PM
Hallway
While we're on the subject, you can change out the favicon so your logo appears in the browser tab here:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hallway,

Hallway

Repository:

Outputs:

October 09, 2018, 05:54 PM
Doug
Yep, I can "explore the DOM of an html page (F12) and see the sources for images".

The issue is that it seems to point to images: IB_Banner.gif, topBanner_IB.jpg, logo.png. But, ...ibi_apps/legacyhome doesn't change after I change these clear cache, etc. 'IB_Banner.gif' is exactly like I want it, as seen from the URL: "...ibi_apps/tools/portal/resources/images/IB_Banner.gif". "logo.png" does show up but needs refinement.

Does this require a server bounce?

I'll tackle the favicon later...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug,