Focal Point
Annoying issue with Metadata Creation via WF Server Console and DB2 adapter Config.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6081032422

April 19, 2007, 04:36 PM
Francis Mariani
Annoying issue with Metadata Creation via WF Server Console and DB2 adapter Config.
I have what I feel is an annoying issue with Metadata Creation via WF Server Console and DB2 adapter Configuration.

The DB2 adapter is configured for "Password Passthru". Since I'm not signing-on to the WF Server Console with the DB userid/password, when I attempt to generate metadata, I get the following error:
quote:
(FOC1394) CONNECT FAILURE
(FOC1394) CONNECT FAILURE
(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS -567 (HEX: FFFFFDC9)
: [42602] [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL0567N "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" is not a valid
: authorization ID. SQLSTATE=42602
(FOC1405) SQL PREPARE ERROR.
The only way I've found that I can avoid the problem is to change the configuration to "Explicit", generate the metadata and then change the configuration back. I would have expected the Server Console to prompt me for the DB userid/password, like WF does.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
April 19, 2007, 04:43 PM
Darin Lee
We leave the connection properties for the adapter at explicit and use an single, hard-coded id for DB2 access. This, of course, assumes that you are handling data access through some other security layer. We hadle it both through MRE and through the individual applications. But it means that at the WF Server level, (which is secured) you always have access to DB2 without having to reconfigure anything.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
April 19, 2007, 05:04 PM
Francis Mariani
That would be the perfect world, wouldn't it? The powers that be over here deemed that having a single hard-coded userid/password was not secure enough.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server