Focal Point
Cataloged path

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6081038331

March 02, 2005, 11:58 AM
Håkan
Cataloged path
I've created a fex which selects a subset of Masters from SYSTABLE in order to limit the number of files in Report Assistant and edited the mr_ie.htm file to point to that fex. The doc states that the fex should be in the Reporting Server's cataloged path, but it does not seem to find the fex, because MRE gives me the message 'fex' not defined. How do I find out about the cataloged path? We're on WF 5.2.7 on IBM iSeries.
March 02, 2005, 12:31 PM
<WFUser>
If your fex is in MR, it should just find it. If it's on the data server, then right click on either the report or the domain, check the applications box and select the application your fex is in.
March 02, 2005, 01:25 PM
Håkan
I've tried both options, but MRE still comes up with agutlist undefined. This is how I coded it in mr_ie.htm.

innerHTML += "<PARAM NAME=masterfex value='"+agutlist +"'>";

The doc did not say anything about the + signs but I think that's the way it must be.
March 02, 2005, 01:58 PM
<Grzegorz>
Did you try to put it in $IBI_HOME/srv52/home/catalog ?
March 02, 2005, 02:10 PM
Håkan
Yes. Actually, it's been all over the place without any luck.
March 02, 2005, 02:35 PM
<Grzegorz>
If you add the following line inside the showDomains() function in mr_ie.htm:

innerHTML += "<PARAM NAME=masterfex value='"+agutlist +"'>";

then the agutlist have to be the JavaScript variable, not the name of the procedure. When I try to do something similar, I receive the JavaScript error: 'agutlist' is undefined.

I tried to add the line like the following:
innerHTML += "<PARAM NAME=masterfex value='ctables'>";
The MRE console runs without any JS errors, but it seems that my mr_ie.htm customization is just ignored.

Anyone knows what is going on ?
(this is obsolete question, after last edit of the post)

Finally I found it:

There is an error within a documentation.
The parameter name should be:
masterFex, not masterfex
so, your line in mr_ie.htm could look like this:

innerHTML += "<PARAM NAME=masterFex value='agutlist'>";

March 03, 2005, 12:40 PM
Håkan
Thanks for your help. Just wanted to let you know I skipped the idea of using masterFex, I edited \ibi_html\javaassist\ibiapplets.txt instead which seem to work much better.
March 04, 2005, 08:26 AM
<Grzegorz>
It is good to know about the method, thanks.

Grzegorz