Focal Point
DS HTML Composer: ALL = undefined

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6107007016

October 05, 2011, 03:16 PM
Francis Mariani
DS HTML Composer: ALL = undefined
I have a double list control bound to a parameter called FUND with the 'Add "ALL" option' selected. The value passed for the selected All option is "ALL". I have the 'Send display value' option selected which generates a parameter called 'FUND_TEXT'. The value passed for the selected All option is "undefined". Is there something I can do about this?

In a perhaps related topic, I have a question about the Properties and Settings window. Some types of controls have an option to 'Send display value'. Right next to this is a text box labelled 'Selected Value'. What is this? I cannot find any information on this text box - I don't understand why we can hardcode a value for the 'Selected Value'.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
October 05, 2011, 03:26 PM
ERINP
perhaps the selected value is more of a true/false type selection. which would force something from that selection to always be chosen...sort of a default or a required field. Not really sure just shooting form the hip. Hopefully this doesn't add to your D.T.'s...

WebFOCUS 7.6.9

Reporting client Windows 2003 Service pack 2 using IIS and TomCat 5.5
Reporting Server OS/400 V5R4M0
Outputs: HTML, Excel, PDF, CSV, and Flat Files
October 05, 2011, 03:33 PM
Francis Mariani
There seems to be a contradiction in the documentation.

"From the HTML Composer, you may send the display value, rather than the actual data, to the parameter".

"rather than" sounds like one or the other, but not both.

Later, the documentation specifies "Manually add &Variable_TEXT to the report heading or footing. For example, the image below shows the heading as Display Value: &STCD_TEXT, where Store Code (STCD) is the variable name". This suggests there are two parameters.

And I found the documentation that explains the 'Send display value' option: How to Use Selected Values as the Default Value.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server