Focal Point
[CLOSED] active report... maybe?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6137019626

December 06, 2012, 06:09 PM
jjoyce
[CLOSED] active report... maybe?
I'm not sure if its an active report I want, as I have very little experience with them so I'm not fully sure of all that they can do.

I want kind of a cross between an active report and a drill down report.

The data I'm displaying has a one to many relationship in it. Its actually a list of measures with details about them, and then they have a relationship to many departments. I'd like to first present the data just listing the distinct measures but allow the user to "expand" something that would display a list of departments. In the past, I've done drill downs to a new report that would list all the departments on a new page but this I'd really like to display the list on the same page. So I guess its like a list of measures with a department column that initially presents as rolled up...? Does this make sense and does someone know how I can do something like that? I feel like I've seen something like that before I'm drawing a blank now..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.7.2
Win2003
Excel, HTML, PDF
December 07, 2012, 10:07 AM
Francis Mariani
Perhaps an "accordion report" suits this type of report.

Creating Reports With WebFOCUS Language > Navigating Within an HTML Report > Controlling the Display of Sorted Data With Accordion Reports

quote:
Accordion Reports provide a way to control the amount of sorted data that appears on an HTML report page. You can produce reports with expandable views for each vertical sort field in a request with multiple BY fields.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server