Focal Point
It's so easy to mess things up!

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6151067452

October 30, 2007, 10:19 AM
Francis Mariani
It's so easy to mess things up!
Someone asked about the behaviour of a function in Spanish so I attempted to turn on "Dynamic Language Switch" on my local WebFOCUS Server that was installed by DevStudio.

Boy, was that a mistake! After successfully turning it on via the Admin Console, I lost access to the Admin Console - I could log on, but then I would get a blank screen with JavaScript errors, probably due to Spanish or Dynamic Language Switching not being delivered with DevStudio.

The only way to disable Dynamic Language Switching was to edit the cgivars.wfs file and replace 'sp' by 'en' for IBIWF_language and then modify C:\ibi\DevStudio53\ibi_html\javaassist\intl\ibimultilanguage.js and remove 'sp' from ArrayofLanguage. (The online manual wrongly states that the file is in C:\ibi\DevStudio53\ibi_html\javaassist\).

Done all this, now when I log in with "admin", the User ID is no longer an Administrator, but a Developer, so no access to the administration functions of the Admin Console. I checked C:\ibi\srv53\wfs\web\cgi\ibiweb.cfg and nothing has changed there - admin is still identified as an administrator.

What on earth is going on? (Thankfully, this is all unravelling on my local server).

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
October 30, 2007, 10:44 AM
TexasStingray
Server Users are defined in the profiles directory in a file called admin.cfg

Hope this helps

Scott

I didn't find any admin.cfg file in the IBI directory.

It's all working again. Probably because I rebooted. I probably could have simply restarted Apache Tomcat instead.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
Francis, the admin.cfg file is in the profiles directory. The profiles directory in under the ibi directory.

Scott

No admin.cfg in the profiles directory. Perhaps it doesn't get created when the server is installed with Dev Studio.

Thanks,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

IN that case look in

C:\ibi\DevStudio76\srv76\profiles

Scott