Focal Point
[CASE OPENED] 8009 -> 8105 - Calendar Control

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6157087876

October 09, 2015, 09:34 AM
stur0063
[CASE OPENED] 8009 -> 8105 - Calendar Control
We just spun up fancy new servers for 8105. We migrated our content from 8009 to the new boxes with IBI's help.

While testing - we have discovered that the migrated HTML pages no longer pass a date, from the calendar control, to Chrome. It comes across as NULL if you change the date. The defaulted date does come across to the *.fex.

IE works (funny I know...it's typically the other way around).

When we spin up a "new" page and drop that report on with new calendar controls - it works fine.

It "looks" like we'll have to spin all new pages....and because I'm smart and or lazy - I'm looking to avoid this if possible :-)

Anyone seen this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stur0063,

webFOCUS 8207.15
WindowsServer 2019
October 09, 2015, 10:46 AM
CoolGuy
Hey stur0063,

We recently had something similar go down ourselves with brand new calendar controls. We found that under the Settings panel for the calendar control you have where it lets you put in your Selected Value or use the Current/Start date. Our Date Range setting was Relative as well. We would click the calendar control, and it would go blank. WE found we had to make sure the Date format in data source dropdown was configured and that seemed to do the job. Guess we overlooked that.

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.
October 13, 2015, 12:33 PM
WebFocusDiver
We upgraded to 8105 as well. We create an new define field with format of I6YYM from a date field with format of HYYMDs. When we use this new define field in our where statement, it only populate one value in the dropdown box. Have you experienced something like this?

Thanks

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs
October 13, 2015, 12:41 PM
stur0063
Cool Guy: We are not using Date Ranges.

WebFocusDriver: This is exactly what we are seeing - but only in Chrome. It works fine in IE.

I "seems" like if we right click the parameter - and have it build the control - that may fix the issue. As opposed to clicking the calendar control in the ribbon - then tying it to the parameter - but we are still testing/investigating.

webFOCUS 8207.15
WindowsServer 2019
October 13, 2015, 02:17 PM
WebFocusDiver
We saw this in App Studio. Ours don't work neither in Chrome nor IE. Frowner

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs