Focal Point
[CASE-OPENED] Sign Out link action in BIP

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6167024076

May 01, 2014, 08:51 PM
Santhosh
[CASE-OPENED] Sign Out link action in BIP
Hi Friends,

We have a BI Portal which has a "Sign Out" button. We need to implement, when we click on "Sign out" it should close the browser window/tab. How can I achieve this functionality. Kindly help me!!

Thanks,
Santhosh

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8.0.03
Unix
HTML, Excel and PDF
May 05, 2014, 08:12 PM
<Kathryn Henning>
Hi Santosh,

Is this "Sign Out" button different from the "Sign Out" link on the ribbon bar? If so, what are the properties on the custom button?

Regards,

Kathryn
May 05, 2014, 08:19 PM
Santhosh
Hi Kathryn,

The one I am talking about is the "Sign Out" link on the ribbon bar.

Thanks,
Santhosh

WebFOCUS 8.0.03
Unix
HTML, Excel and PDF
May 05, 2014, 09:14 PM
<Kathryn Henning>
Hi Santosh,

Thank you for your update. It looks like your colleague Kandha just opened a case for this. I'll keep an eye on it so that I can come back and post the resolution.

Thanks and regards,

Kathryn
April 02, 2015, 05:44 PM
WFConsultant
Kathryn,
Do you have any updates on this feature? Thank you.

WebFOCUS 8207.11
App Studio 8207
April 03, 2015, 07:47 PM
<Kathryn Henning>
Hi WFConsultant,

Currently, BI Portal only supports a global redirect using the IBI_Signout_Redirect_URL parameter setting. Right now, it's a global setting, and therefore, all sign outs will redirect to the same location.

There are a couple of New Feature Requests currently in programming to change this functionality. If you would like to be added to a Project, please open a case on InfoResponse Online and reference this topic.

For information on redirecting the Portal to a different sign out, please reference How to customizing sign out button (Ribbon Bar) in BI Portal . You'll need an account on InfoResponse Online and be logged in to view this link.

Thanks and regards,

Kathryn