Focal Point
[SOLVED] how to log my infomini runs

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6167029486

December 16, 2016, 11:03 AM
Mike in DeLand
[SOLVED] how to log my infomini runs
I saw a nice post the other day here about using a routine (via -INCLUDE) to write to a log file when a report is run. We're interested in doing that, but I'm not sure I can get there from here.
I have an InfoAssist report that I built and saved it as an InfoMini app for clients to use as a template or 'base' report. They can run it with various values in the slicers, or modify the contents and save the report in their own folder. I would like to add this -INCLUDED fex that writes to the log file, but I've hit a wall.
1. No -INCLUDES in Infoassist, so I thought I might create a reporting object instead.
2. Can't save an InfoMini from a Reporting Object.

Now what?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux
December 20, 2016, 10:11 AM
Tamra
quote:
how to log my infomini runs

Mike,

Infomini, at this point does not support Reporting Objects. There was a New Feature request sent to programming but was turned down due to the complexity of getting this to work 'nicely' together.

You can ( as you know ) use Reporting Objects with InfoAssist.

If you have the ability then there are ways to have a "preprocess" set up via the Reporting Server in the Edasprof or even within the Master file (synonym) with MFD Profile procedure. Although each of these would have an affect on all user's reports unless you add security based on the user id.

IBI also has a product called Resource Analyzer that provides logging and reporting for all activity on the system.

Hope this helps you out.

Happy Holidays.

Thank your for participating in the Focal Point Forum,
Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5
December 20, 2016, 10:24 AM
Mike in DeLand
Tamra, thanks for your response.

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux