Focal Point
Active Reports

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6181040652

November 06, 2007, 05:11 PM
Prarie
Active Reports
We are testing out Active Reports to see if we really want it. After seeing Demos for a couple of years...nice to actually touch it.
Anyone have it yet and any thoughts?

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003
Hi Prarie,

Make sure you get the latest restriction information. It used to be something like 5,000 rows by 50 columns for IE and 20,000 rows by 50 columns for Firefox. It's all to do with the size of file that it produces (well, it is self contained!) and the way that the different browsers handle large files.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
Yes we already ran into that. 5,000 for IE...but just playing with it for an hour...with some existing stuff, changed the format to AHTML and it's Active...I'm impressed...that could change tomorrow..but today I'm impressed.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003
I wish we had it. It has some features that I wish IBI would incorporate into EXCEL output like freeze panes. Adding some of these to Excel output would cut down on the some of the things I have to put in macros.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.
I think it is terrific and I have gotten positive response from the user community. While there is a limitation on size, it makes a lot of sense. You can actually email Active Reports to users who don't even use or have WebFOCUS and they can do OLAP-type functions very quickly without even having to be connected to the network.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
Active Reports is pretty, but:
a) Additional cost.
b) It is not a big advantage vs Excel output. (in analytics)

It's only my opinion.
I have not played a lot with it.

WF 7.6.2, WinNT/2K, MSSQL 2K, MSOLAP 2K, BID