Focal Point
[SOLVED] Portal Filters Page and Calendars

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6187015096

July 10, 2018, 10:20 AM
Doug
[SOLVED] Portal Filters Page and Calendars
Why don't the Calendars expand over the widgets and the drop down lists (DDL) do expand over the widgets?

I followed the steps in This Video to create a basic portal. The only difference is that I have three rows of widgets and a filter bar which was created in App Studio.

Note that they show the DDL expansion but not the calendar. Is this s bug which was conveniently overlooked in the video?

I get the same functionality when creationg a PAGE based on This Video

Does anyone else have this issue? How'd you overcome it?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug,

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206
July 13, 2018, 10:15 PM
FP Mod Chuck
Doug

It seems like you have encountered a bug (Suprise) and should open a case.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
July 15, 2018, 02:20 PM
Fernando
Doug, It sounds like the Z-index of the calendar objects put it below your widgets.

If you can not directly change it via a property then javascript is the another option.

Also, I have seen the Z-index differ depending on the order that I created the objects as well.

Fernando

Prod WF 8.1.04, QA WF 8.2.03, Dev WF 8.2.03
July 16, 2018, 04:00 PM
CoolGuy
I bet it's something to do with a parent element using an iframe instead of a div element, is my guess. I'd make sure you've specified to use divs instead of iframes in your AppStudio-generated filter page properties.

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.
July 26, 2018, 08:57 AM
Doug
I tried setting the 'Load in Iframe object' to No and it didn't work. However, After setting 'Load in Iframe object' to No AND creating a new portal, it did work.
July 28, 2018, 06:42 AM
Don Garland
quote:
'Load in Iframe object' to No and it didn't work.

Doug, just like my wife, sometimes Portals won't take 'No' for an answer.

WebFOCUS Administrator @ Worldpay FIS
PROD/DEV/TEST: 8204, SANDBOX: 8206 soon - BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, EUM, HyperStage soon, DB: HIVE,Oracle,MSSQL