Focal Point
[SOLVED]Html composer Dev studio - This file has been manually modified error

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6187025586

February 14, 2017, 01:26 AM
info4pal
[SOLVED]Html composer Dev studio - This file has been manually modified error
Hi,

Iam creating the html page using the webfocus developer studio and if I try to edit the html composer in the composer mode sometime later to do few changes in the html page,it throws me this error page -
"This file has been manually modified.There is no guarantee that the tool will be able to open this file in a usable state.Do you want to continue? "

However if I run the html page,it works fine but Iam wondering whether this message is a bug which can be ignored or not ? Any thoughts on the same.

Please let me know.Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
IP

This message has been edited. Last edited by: info4pal,

Webfocus 8105 Developer studio,Windows 7,HTML,Excel,PDF,Text,Infoassist,Graph,AHTML
February 14, 2017, 07:34 AM
MartinY
This is not a bug.

IBI check the "integrity" of the HTML and from the moment you edit it in text and save it IBI detect that you may have changed something using a tool that is not the IBI HTML Composer and they advise you.

And if you're requesting help on your HTML (opening a case), if that advise is present, they may say that you've changed something that could not be supported by the HTML Composer...

And there is no way to "remove" that advise.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
February 14, 2017, 08:21 AM
info4pal
Hi Martin,

Thanks a lot for your inputs Smiler
It helped me.

Regards,
IP

Webfocus 8105 Developer studio,Windows 7,HTML,Excel,PDF,Text,Infoassist,Graph,AHTML