Focal Point
[CLOSED] HTML PASSING PARAMETERS QUESTION...

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6197041176

June 11, 2014, 02:51 PM
RobertF
[CLOSED] HTML PASSING PARAMETERS QUESTION...
When creating an HTML Page that calls fexes, is there a setting somewhere that controls if quotes are placed around amper variables passed about. I have one dashboard working fine...fexes are called, prompts are made, variables passed, graphs are rendered etc. I created another, and it appears the HTML (maybe????) is placing single quotes around each amper variable. I already have the single quotes in the fex though so now there are two sets of quotes and a nasty error.

I am not sure why its doing this?

Here is a portion of the error. My amper variable is called &SPECIALTY and when I run the report, I choose: EMERGENCY MEDICINE. I can see the value was passed but note the extra set of quotes...

0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 2000 LINES= 2000
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 48 IN PROCEDURE
dshbd_visitswrvus_ttlvisitstrendFOCEXEC *
(FOC257) MISSING QUOTE MARKS: ''EMERGENCY MEDICINE''
(FOC009) INCOMPLETE REQUEST STATEMENT

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs
June 11, 2014, 04:46 PM
RobertF
Ok, not HTML issue. I copied the driver fex that does the prompting into my report fex. I get the same error. Does anyone see why I am getting an extra set of single quotes around CLINIC...which is the specialty I chose when prompted.

-*Set Defaults to allow access to Advanced Graphing tool
-DEFAULT &IDXSPECIALTY = 'FAMILY MEDICINE';
-DEFAULT &RPTBANBR = 302;
-DEFAULT &BILLPROVNAME = 'BAYLOR MD,RICHARD';

-*Driver Fex for Prompting

-SET &SPECIALTY = &IDXSPECIALTY.(OR(FIND TBLMSTR_BANBRBANAMEXREF.TBLMSTR_BANBRBANAMEXREF.IDXSPECIALTY,TBLMSTR_BANBRBANAMEXREF.TBLMSTR_BANBRBANAMEXREF.IDXSPECIALTY IN TBLMSTR_BANBRBANAMEXREF)).Select the Desired Specialty/s.;

-SET &BANBR = &RPTBANBR.(OR(FIND TBLMSTR_BANBRBANAMEXREF.TBLMSTR_BANBRBANAMEXREF.RPTBANBR,TBLMSTR_BANBRBANAMEXREF.TBLMSTR_BANBRBANAMEXREF.RPTBANBR IN TBLMSTR_BANBRBANAMEXREF)).Select the Desired Cost Center/s.;

-SET &PROVNAME = &BILLPROVNAME.(OR(FIND TBLMSTR_PROVNBRNPIRPTNAMEXREF.TBLMSTR_PROVNBRNPIRPTNAMEXREF.RPTPROVNAME,TBLMSTR_PROVNBRNPIRPTNAMEXREF.TBLMSTR_PROVNBRNPIRPTNAMEXREF.RPTPROVNAME IN TBLMSTR_PROVNBRNPIRPTNAMEXREF)).Select the Desired Billing Provider/s.;

ERROR:
. 0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 2000 LINES= 2000
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 64 IN PROCEDURE ADHOCRQ FOCEXEC *
(FOC257) MISSING QUOTE MARKS: ''CLINIC''
BYPASSING TO END OF COMMAND
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 127 IN PROCEDURE ADHOCRQ FOCEXEC *
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 176 IN PROCEDURE ADHOCRQ FOCEXEC *
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 240 IN PROCEDURE ADHOCRQ FOCEXEC *

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs
June 11, 2014, 05:04 PM
RobertF
apparently its the OR condition that is messing me up...in other fexes where I have the user picking a single value it does not seem to be an issue...

Note, for the reporting fex to run I supply single quote around the amper as shown below...works fine for dropdowns w/out the OR condition...

Ex:
WHERE TBLMSTR_UNITSWRVUS.TBLMSTR_UNITSWRVUS.IDXSPECIALTY EQ '&IDXSPECIALTY';
WHERE TBLMSTR_UNITSWRVUS.TBLMSTR_UNITSWRVUS.RPTBANBR EQ &RPTBANBR
WHERE TBLMSTR_UNITSWRVUS.TBLMSTR_UNITSWRVUS.BILLPROVNM EQ '&BILLPROVNAME';

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs
June 12, 2014, 08:28 AM
RobertF
*************CLOSED

I think I found my answer...not happy about it...will create a new, very specific post.

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs